Citizen Science Lab: Air Pollution
Interactive Workshop | Jan 22-26 2018 | Leiden, the Netherlands
We are pleased to announce a unique interactive workshop on citizen science for air pollution research, taking place in Leiden (the Netherlands) on Jan 22-26 2018. In the Lorentz Center venue we will bring together scientists and non-scientists who will together design (aspects of) a radically new citizen science project that will address urgent scientific and societal issues related air pollution, through the large-scale active contribution of thousands of participants.
Our COST Action CS-EU will be able to support financially up to two applicants to this workshop.
- being an Early-Career Investigator (ECI) : less than 8 years from the date of the PhD/doctorate (or similar experience)
- being based in an Inclusiveness Target Country:
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
and specifically http://www.lorentzcenter.nl/lc/web/2018/929/description.php3?wsid=929&venue=Oort for more details.
- If you are interested in participating, please register at Lorentz Center - Citizen Science Lab: Air Pollution
- and also send a quick notifcation email to one of the organizers (see below) with a short motivation.
Please, also feel free to send an email if you have any questions to:
- Frans Snik <snik [at] strw [dot] leidenuniv [dot] nl> Citizen Science Lab, Universiteit Leiden
- Ivonne Jansen-Dings <ivonne [at] waag [dot] org> Waag Society
- Hester Volten <hester [dot] volten [at] rivm [dot] nl> RIVM (Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment)
- Frank Kresin <f [dot] j [dot] kresin [at] utwente [dot] nl> Design Lab, University of Twente